CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

my FRIDGE!! :D

Followers

Thursday, July 17, 2008

Utah Trip

so my trip to Utah was very emotional. you all know why we made the trip...:[
there was a few reasons i was looking forward to this trip.
first of all i love being with my whole family--stacy and steven we had some interesting and fun times (gossip walks and CHA CHA!! haha)
second--my gma from hawaii was flying in!!! so i got to see her!!!!! :] although i was reaaally bummed that i didn't see my gpa :'( 6 months will go by fast though!!!!!!!! yaaay!!!
3rd--i got to see kevin and julia which i havent for a lonnnnng time!
so we left around 8 on tuesday.
and we were on the "bumpy" road when we got a phone call from my gma. (she was flying into the las vegas airport and then taking a shuttle to st. george)
and her flight was lik an hour late and she missed her shuttle and was stranded in the airport without
A) transportation
and B) (which to me would be more important!! jk) a cell phone!?!?
my gpa had it w/ him in hawaii
so she called us but on a pay phone so we were going to get to take her w/ us in the car! well that would have meant sitting in the vegas airport for 3 hours!?!? and oh btw it was a red eye flight from hawaii w/ like a 3 hour or 4 something time change!!!!!!!! poor gma!!!!!!!! :[
so then luckily stacy and ray were ahead of us and picked her up instead.
so everything worked out okay!
we drove basically straight on i think we had one bathroom break and ended up in St. George around 3 (2 our time). so the hotel we were staying in was reaaaaally nice called Crystal Inn. The Dobbs and kevin and julia were staying there too. Everyone went swimming except me. (I dk what it is but this summer i'm not into swimming at the pool! I think i've been like 3 times and yah its odd!! lol) So i was in the hotel room by myself lol and danced around listening to music! haha seriously i wish i would have had a video camera to show you people cuz im sure i looked ridiculous!!!!!! haha
so anyways the viewing was around 7 that night until 8. it was interesting seeing some of the family that i've never met....interesting lol
so then we went out to eat at this place called "golden corral". it's this reallly good buffet actually with like everything! fried shrimp was my fav of course and then dessert was AMAZING! i was walking over to get more food and i saw this whole team of football players lol then when i went to get dessert they were like all acting as if they had never seen a girl before!! it was fun! i felt flattered i guess but it was kinda weird....but then again i dont see myself as a high school aged girl!!!! hahaha jk!
but the funniest part is kevin brings up something about this # called Cha Cha. have you people heard of it??
well basically what is it is you text or call the # with any question and they will answer back! sometimes really random things too! so we texted wat is the definition of "nushi" haha which is a big joke in our family i dont really know why.....but it is! so they wrote back "master" hahah so if i ever called you nushi i guess its a compliment!!!!!!! so you should try it if you're reaally bored
the number is 18002CHACHA which is 1-800-224-2242
anyways
so then we went back to the hotel and i was going to sleep in the room next door w/ kevin and julia and lucy!!! i got a bed to myself thank goodness!!!!!!!! haha
the next day was the funeral at 9. it was a reaaally nice service. it was really hard to control your emotions when you see your family members that you never see crying cry!!! my dad dedicated my great gpa's grave which was really cool for him. my great gpa was in the navy when he was younger so the navy people i guess were there and they fired 21 times and it freaked everyone out!! lucy was sobbing and all the kids were covering their ears!!!!! there were 7 guys to do it 3 times for a total of 21.
then we went back to the church for a normal mormon event dinner w/ the norm--ham, fancy potatoes, jello, and rolls...lol
then like everyone left so we went over to my great gma's house to visit with her and my gma. so we hung out there for lik 3 hours (and it was then that i got to a computer!! finaaaally!) after that we went back to the hotel and again everyone swam without me haha i watched monk in the hotel room which it was an insane episode!!!!!! (old yes but it was insane! its the one where monk works at that store something-mart and it was pretty awesome!) then we all went out (my gma included) to this place all Cafe Rio with reaaaaaally good mexican food! then we went over to my great uncle jimmy's house and sat around and talked to people! (hahaha quick side note---lauryn walks back over to me singing "you cut me open and i keeeeep bleeding keep bleeding love" cuuuuuuuuute!!!!!!!) anyways so then we went back to the hotel and i shared a bed w/ hayley fun :( lol jk! then this morning we woke up pretty early (6:45 UT time 5 CA time) and then my mom hayley and i ate breakfast. we packed up and left to pick up my gma cuz we were gonna drop her off at the airport!!!! it was really fun to hang out with her in the car! but nancy i think you JINXED US!!!!! jk i know you didnt cuz it always happens but lauryn got pretty car sick!!!! we ALMOST made it the whole time but then it got baaaad! we stopped twice but otherwise went the whole way.
the trip was good but now im super tired and kinda bored.........
ready to get back into the swing of things and eat my mom's food not resturant food!!!!!
♥Meg♥

0 comments: